Breck’s three libraries, one for each division, are fully equipped for digital-age learning.
To that end, the aims of the Library Department are as follows:
- Prepare students to become effective and ethical users of ideas and information.
- Integrate information literacy skills into the core curriculum areas through cooperative efforts between teachers and media specialists for grades P-12.
- Instill in each student an appreciation of literature and a love of reading.
- Provide environments that promote concurrent opportunities in teaching, quiet study, cooperative learning experiences, and enjoyment of literature.
- Provide a rich and diverse collection of media materials that support a multicultural, gender-fair, ability-sensitive, and college-preparatory curriculum.
- Support and enhance school-wide curriculum with resources, collaboration, and team teaching.
- Promote outside liaisons and networks that supplement resources and enhance the curriculum.
- Deliver a curriculum that is process oriented, developmentally appropriate, differentiated, and supportive of the mission of the school.