Mission and Values
Breck is an Episcopal, coeducational, college-preparatory day school enrolling students of diverse backgrounds in grades preschool through twelve.
Breck’s Mission is to:
- Prepare each student for a college whose culture is compatible with the individual’s needs, interests and abilities.
- Help develop each student’s unique talents and potential to excel by nurturing independence and self-worth.
- Instill in each student a deep sense of social responsibility.
Breck believes in a strong system of values under which the school operates:
- That each student is unique and has special talents and capabilities.
- That each student’s potential is best realized by a challenging academic program and appropriate support.
- That each student’s intellectual growth is enhanced by the acquisition of knowledge, analytical and language skills, the development of creative and critical thinking, and the cultivation of artistic appreciation and expression.
- That the student’s physical and emotional growth are important in the development and pursuit of potential.
- That each student’s life is enriched in a diverse community where differences among people are recognized and appreciated.
- That each student should develop spiritual and ethical values and his or her relationship with God.
- That each student should accept responsibility for the common good and develop a desire to contribute to those in need.